Today was my twelve week doctor's visit. I had an appt with my regular doctor, and then I had an appt with the Jedi Master of OB. Dr. R, and his partner Dr. P, are fertility and genetic specialists. They have some sort of high-tech ultrasound machine and my regular OB's office uses them for the 12 week and 18 week sonograms.
This sonogram was to measure fluid levels and other stuff to ensure that genetically everything is normal. This is something fairly new, within the last couple of years, so we didn't do this with Landry. From the results of the sonogram everything appeared to be normal, but we won't get the official lab results back until next week.
The baby was very active during the sonogram. We could see "it" (I hate saying "it" but I don't know what else to call it) kicking it's legs and moving around. So cool!
There was a little (ok, BIG) part of us that was hoping Dr. R would be able to determine the sex of the baby. I asked if there was anyway he could tell at twelve weeks and he said "not unless it is really proud!" And...it wasn't. Looks like we'll be anxiously waiting another six weeks.
Oh, I almost forgot the most exciting news......ok, not THE most exciting, but exciting none the less......I have lost 5 pounds!! Go figure. I go on a diet and lose nothing. I become pregnant and lost 5 pounds. Whatever! I'll take it when I can get it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
So glad your appt went great...sounds like you have a healthy active baby. Now a hurry up and wait until November!
Sounds like you have been listening to the Black Eyed Peas! I hear that song and can't get it out of my head.
I always gained more weight my first trimester than the other ones. I was never sick, just wanted to eat all the time.
Congrats on your baby!
Post a Comment