Every year, I always hear my real friends and blog friends talk about all of the Christmas baking they are doing.
I usually nod along and then start nervously shifting in hopes that the subject changes soon (to my real friends, not blog friends).
I don't bake. (Or cook. Or grill. I barely microwave.)
So, needless to say, I'm not one of those people that always has Christmas goodies sitting around the house during the holidays.
But, last week I was at Hobby Lobby and they had their cute Christmas tins 50% off.
I bought 14 of them.
Generally, this probably would have given me buyer's remorse, but I only spent $14 total--plus, if you've ever stood in the Returns & Exchanges line at Hobby Lobby, you know it's just better to keep whatever you bought no matter how much you paid.
I didn't really have any plans for the tins at the time I was impulse purchasing, but I thought they would be cute Christmas goodie tins to give to neighbors and teachers and such.
What to make?
I didn't want anything too difficult or time consuming. Or, anything that required a lot of kitchen tools. I don't even have a rolling pin. Or a sifter. I have a mixer, but it's WAAAAAAAY in the back of a cabinet and so not worth trying to get out.
I remembered that I had seen a simple recipe last year around Christmas-time, and it looked really good to me--which is really important.
So, here's what I made:
Rolo Pretzels.....or, A Little Piece of Heaven
You experienced bakers are probably rolling your eyes because you heard of these things 20 years ago--and, you've moved on to something more complicated that involves a rolling pin and a sifter.
But, let me tell ya--uncomplicated or not, I've got to get these things out of my house before I eat another a tin full!
In my opinion, it's the perfect treat because it combines salty and sweet!
If you're a novice like me and are interested in the "recipe", here it is:
Ingredients:
--small pretzel twists (or you can use the square pretzels)
--Rolos
--pecan halves
Directions:
--preheat oven to 350
--take the wrapper off all of the Rolos
--spread a bunch of pretzels on a cookie sheet
--put a Rolo on top of a pretzel, and a pecan half on top of the Rolo
--bake for about 4 minutes
--remove from oven and allow to cool
That's it!
Do any of you have any easy Christmas goodie recipes that you'd like to share?? Something easy....with no rolling pins or sifting required!









6 comments:
I saw those tins and almost bought some too.
Sadly, I did HAVE to stand in line at Hobby Lobby last weekend because I had about $50 worth of returns!
I have a great no-bake recipe that I will send you that you can fill up those tins with. I'll e-mail it though.
Those look so yummy! I might have to try those out. I have an easy recipe that doesn't require a rolling pin. I will email it to you. Will you email Kara's to me?
My friend Kelly (she is on my blog list) told me another SUPER easy holiday (or anytime) treat. Microwave popcorn, melt white chocolate almond bark, pour over popped corn, shake, spread on wax paper to cool. REALLY easy and REALLY good (and addicting). I can send you the "real" recipe if you are interested!
I love those pretzel rolo things too!
I'm going to make those. I love Rollos! Thanks!
I saw the same Christmas tins at Hobby Lobby yesterday. Took all my restraint not to buy some. The only reason I succeeded was I already have some from last year.
I have a great recipe for chocolate bark. I'll email it to you tonight.
Courtney, I cannot believe it! I just discovered this recipe the other day! I've printed it out, bought the Rolos, the pretzels, and the pecans! I was waiting for you guys to get here to try them, but not anymore! I'm afraid you might be sick of them by now--we will go ahead without you! No, really, we'll save some for you. I love, love Rolos!
You are so speaking my language with this post. I always have these grand ideas of baking but the holidays usually wear me out before the baking happens. Also so true about Hobby Lobby and returns. I have to really think about any purchase I make there and always only buy what I am sure I will love.
I had never heard of the rolo recipe so I will be trying it tomorrow. I have a recipe for microwave fudge I got out of Southern Living that I make each year. Can't recall all of it now.
Last of all I got the prettiest Christmas card today! Thanks for remembering us! Now we just have to meet in person sometime.
Post a Comment