Thursday, December 06, 2007

Santa Claus May Not Be Coming To Town...

Ok, not really. Santa will always come to our house. But, shopping for Christmas presents for Landry this year has proved to be harder than in years past. She has not asked for anything!! The other night, we were at Frisco's Merry Main Street and they had little tables set up where you could write letters to Santa and then put them in a special "North Pole" mailbox. She wanted to write a letter, so we did, but she had to strain her brain to come up with something to write down. Fortunately, Landry has always been thankful for and enjoyed anything she's given, so I'm sure we can't go wrong with whatever we get her.

Somebody was asking me the other day what kind of toys Korley likes to play with. After I thought about it for a moment, I realized that she really doesn't play with toys. She spends her time moving things. She can be found somewhere in our house gathering something (that she's probably not supposed to have) and moving them to some other part of the house. For instance, the other day she spent about 15 minutes moving shoes from my closet to underneath the desk in our study. It's not uncommon for me to find crayons underneath my bathroom sink, or to hear my cell phone ringing from the hamper. Seeing as how this is her favorite activity, I'm at a loss as to what to get her as well for Christmas, too. Maybe I should get her a push cart to help her haul stuff around the house!

3 comments:

Chastity said...

Lila actually moves her toys more than she plays with them. She likes to move other things too...like my car keys. I haven't seen them in over a week.

Kirsten said...

I was just catching up on your blog and had to laugh when I read the post on Hobby Lobby...SOOO true!! I hate that!!! I don't know what it is with them; why they can't seem to get with the times. The last time I went there, they had a new lady working my line, of course, and so you can imagine how long that took.
I'm having a hard time with baby gifts, too. They just don't need much right now and haven't gotten into the toy stage yet.

Traci said...

I had the same problem with Kylie and her Santa List. She stalled this year until I took my little tomboy to the American Girl Store. Now she won't stop talking about the doll, the outfits, the accessories..........

If I could do Sunday over again, we would NOT go to the American Girl Store!!

Do another post on bad stores this season!! Too funny!